Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program is designed in particular for practising artists who have a specific research interest or project they wish to pursue within a formal and supportive institutional context. It seeks to provide opportunities for suitably qualified candidates to develop their potential for research, to extend their knowledge and competence and, in turn, to contribute to the understanding of current art practice and associated theories and of contemporary society and its culture. Students engage in independent research by undertaking an in-depth research project supported by two research subjects.
Those interested in doing independent research in their field of artistic practice
Two years of research including research seminars leading to a performance, exhibition, writing (poetry, fiction, script or other literary forms), design, film, video, multimedia, CD, DVD or other modes of presentation, plus research paper.
- Film and television
- Indigenous arts and culture
- Music theatre
- Theatre practice
- Visual art
Standard entry requirements
- Honours degree with a weighted average mark of at least 75%, including a major or equivalent relevant to the stream
- Or a relevant undergraduate degree with a weighted average mark of at least 75% and two years' work experience relevant to the stream
- Or an undergraduate degree in any discipline and five years' work experience relevant to the stream
- Or at least five years' relevant work experience related to the stream, and demonstrated outstanding artistic ability together with evidence of ability in academic writing. Each discipline has extra requirements that may include performance in one or more of an audition, test, interview, workshop or folio presentation.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Southbank||International: $63,829||No information available||No||