Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Create a body of original research that may take the form of public performance/recitals, a composition folio of new works, a major thesis of 30,000-50,000 words or a minor thesis of 10,000-20,000 words, conducted in a research environment with individual supervision. Conversion to a PhD may be possible after one year. Specialisations: Composition; Music performance (including Conducting); Music therapy; Ethnomusicology and musicology, Jazz and improvisation, Interactive composition, and Music psychology and performance.
Graduates in music wishing to further their specialisation
Core unit in specialisation with some electives, or major thesis/folio.
- Music therapy
Standard entry requirements
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) degree or equivalent with a weighted average mark of at least 75%. Selection into specialisations are as follows: Composition - folio
- Ethnomusicology & Musicology
- Music Psychology & Performance Science
- Music Therapy - substantial piece of scholarly writing and research proposal
- Interactive Composition - folio
- Jazz & Improvisation
- Music Performance - audition.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|