Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Research (Arts and Humanities) will allow students to deepen their understanding of the humanities and develop research skills. Comprised of research and research training, students will undertake 48 credit points of research training and coursework in the first year, and complete a 48-credit point thesis in the second year. Students may choose from the following specialisations: History, Politics, Sociology, Indigenous Studies, Language and Linguistics, English, International Studies, Philosophy, Cultural Studies, and Science and Technology Studies.
- The Master of Research degree comprises both research and research training, requiring students to complete 96 credit points of subjects, as specified in the chosen area of study. Year 1 subjects: The Writer: Critic, Analyst, Voice
- The Researcher: People, Places, Methods
- The Project and the Plan. Plus one from the following: Research in English
- Research in History
- Research in Languages
- Research in Politics and International Studies
- Research in Philosophy
- Research in Critical Social Inquiry. Year 2 subjects: Master of Research Thesis (Full Time)
- Master of Research Thesis (Part Time).
- Arts and Humanities
Standard entry requirements
- Applicants must have a Bachelor or Masters coursework degree from a recognised tertiary institution with a minimum Credit average (65% or a GPA 3.0 out of 4.0). The Head of Postgraduate Studies for the relevant unit will approve entry into the Master of Research, based on academic results and relevant experience. All applicants for the Master of Research must submit a written (preferably typed) proposal as part of their application. This proposal should: contain, in no more than one page, a clear description of the discipline area or project topic you wish to study in/undertake for the Master of Research 48cp thesis
- And conclude with a statement of your motivation for wanting to undertake the research course.
Applicants who have completed the Bachelor of Research will be eligible for 48 credit points of specified credit. Applicants who have completed alternative end on and embedded honours programs will be assessed on a case by case basis.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Wollongong||International: $55,392||No information available||No||No information available|