Type of institution: TAFE Institute
The Bachelor of Resort and Hotel Management (Professional Practice) is designed to provide students with the knowledge to lead and manage in the resort and hotel industry and to find innovative solutions to complex problems. Graduates will be forward thinking and challenge the current status quo. Through deep engagement with theoretical concepts they will have developed ideas and opinions regarding the nature of the industry and the challenges and opportunities affecting ongoing sustainability. 'Professional Practice' provides students with the opportunity to deepen their knowledge and skills in their preferred area of specialisation such as Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Food and Beverage Management or Front office via a one year focused work placement.
24 subjects over six 12 week semesters and two work practice subjects in the fourth year.
- Professional practice and professional practice project
- Fundamentals of the resort and hotel industry
- Rooms division operations
- Management fundamentals
- Introduction to marketing
- People and place
- Digital marketing and distribution
- Food and beverage service management
- Managing resort operations
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Emerging trends in the resort and hotel industry
- Revenue management
- Financial analysis and human resources
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Online application form
Pathways may exist from Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications with academic credits of up to 1 year (Diploma) or up to 18 months (Advanced Diploma) depending on the relevance of the previous studies to the Degree program.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|