Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Make your mark behind the scenes in the dynamic sport industry through Deakin's Bachelor of Business (Sport Management). You will develop the skills required to manage sport organisations, coordinate sporting competitions and major events, and work in community-based sporting programs. To thrive in increasingly professionalised sporting organisations, you'll learn how to manage the business side of sport, with specialised training in sport marketing, finance, management and law. You can also expand on your business expertise by completing a complementary business major. When you join the longest-running sport management course in Australia, you'll gain access to unique opportunities with leading clubs and organisations. Our partnerships with the Geelong Football Club, Deakin Melbourne Boomers and Netball Victoria will open the door to exciting placement experiences that connect you with the best athletes, managers and administrators in sport.
- 24 credit points total which include: 16 credit points of core units
- 8 credit points of elective units
- Students also complete one zero credit point academic integrity module.
- Sport management
Standard entry requirements
- VCE Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or at least 20 in English other than EAL or equivalent.
- This course uses the ATAR and your entire academic record as part of its selection consideration
- Selection is competitive, meeting these minimum requirements or their equivalents does not guarantee selection into this course
- All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements. Please refer to this course entry on the Deakin University website to read about ways of satisfying the English language proficiency requirement
- For more detailed information about additional course requirements for all applicant groups, or equivalent minimum requirements for applicants with a higher education study, VET study or work and life experience refer to the Deakin University website.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Campuses: Cloud(online), Melbourne Burwood.
Course fee shown is indicative and actual fees may vary.
Course also offered in Cloud (online) mode.