Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Investigate how security breaches occur, how private information is vulnerable and ways to protect it. Delve into networks, their protocols and hardware and investigate how these systems can be vulnerable to a malicious attack. Learn how to defend business, government and individual’s, databases which hold sensitive data.
This program consists of 360 credit points. Students will complete 20 core courses, and 4 elective courses, and a zero credit point IT Professional Engagement course.
- Networking and security
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 1 and 2: satisfactory completion in two units (any study combination) of Maths: General Mathematics, Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any Mathematics
- Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application. Academic IELTS with an Overall score of 6.0, with no band less than 5.5, or equivalent.
This program holds Professional Level accreditation with the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Credit will be considered if you have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on your eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications. If you are seeking alternate entry into the Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking and Security) you can consider applying for the following programs: Diploma of Information Technology; Diploma of Digital Media Technologies. Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST) Program - designed to provide you an alternate entry into tertiary study. Enrol in single units (courses): ITECH1101 IT Problem Solving (Semester 1) and ITECH1103 Big Data And Analytics (Semester 2). Re-apply with credit to the Bachelor of Information Technology for the next semester. Students can progress to the Bachelor of Science (Honours) as a prelude to a higher degree in research or a professional qualification.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||
Further information: study.federation.edu.au