Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Through this double degree you will receive vital skills and knowledge that will enable you to work with athletes, coaches, support teams and like-minded people to manage projects such as national sporting events, marketing sports teams or helping kids to engage in sports. The mix of sport industry and business expertise doubles your job options when you graduate and you can even apply your business skills to non-sport related industries. By studying the Bachelor of Sport Management/Bachelor of Business at Federation University you will receive the following key benefits: You will receive all the vital skills and knowledge that come from completing the Bachelor of Sport Management, but you will be further upskilled through the completing of the Bachelor of Business specifically in marketing. This will provide you with more industries and opportunities upon graduation. You will have the opportunity to work in the sport industry by completing 710 hours of practical work. No other sport management course in Australia offers this substantial opportunity and this is a key contributor to the success of our graduates. You will be inspired by our friendly lecturers who are also sport industry experts. Our lectures will guide and support you in learning how to manage sporting events, community sport development programs, sporting stadiums and national sport development programs. You will complete an internship in your final year of study and this will begin your career in sport management. This program is so successful that leading sport organisations are drawn to the internship. This is a significant part of your degree and it gives you the chance to work with and learn from people who may end up being your colleagues, bosses, or mentors, In fact, most of our students are offered work straight from their internships (see industry experience section for an outline of sport organisations).
This program consists of 540 credit points. Students will complete 32 core courses worth 15 credit points each and an internship worth 60 credit points in semester 2 of the fourth year of study.
- Sport performance management
- Exercise principals and instruction
- Sport marketing
- Sport event management
- Human resource management
- Management of sport organisations
- Management of sport facilities
- Sport policy
- Injury prevention
- Social media marketing
- Sport media and communications
- Health promotion
- Marketing communication
- Marketing strategy and analysis
- Consumer behaviour
- Reward and performance management
- Product management.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 - Prerequisites Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 20 in any English
- ATAR. Non Year 12 - Previous higher education studies with results at a pass level, including any 'single subjects of study', or successful completion of a tertiary preparatory program such as the Federation University Foundation Access Studies Program (FAST)
- Successful completion of a relevant VET qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Applicants who have not completed secondary education, or undertaken any TAFE or university studies should include a personal statement detailing all relevant experience to strengthen their application.
Credit will be considered if students have successfully completed higher education or TAFE studies. Advanced standing will be determined on an individual basis, depending on eligibility for credit transfer, prior experience and qualifications.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||International: $137,700||No information available||No||No information available|
Further information: study.federation.edu.au