Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The program is designed to provide students with an in-depth knowledge of the scientific principles and practice of malting and brewing. The Graduate Diploma includes detailed information in areas relevant to the large scale brewing industry such types of packaging, quality assurance and quality management, and the engineering principles of brewing.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Brewing; or those who have significant malting and brewing experience
- Four 15 credit point professional courses. Delivery of the program material is essentially a distance education or flexible delivery mode, mainly online. This includes mailed readings, access to web-based lectures and tutorials, electronic books and an on-site workshop. When students are on-site they have access to: a 6 hL DME brewing system, for use as a commercial microbrewery and for training purposes
- a functional 100L teaching brew house
- a micromalter
- and a malt and beer analysis laboratory. The workshop teaching mix consists of: formal and informal discussions
- brewing practicals and demonstration
- field trips to a malt-house and breweries
- sensory evaluation training
- and lectures from industry and/or university staff.
Standard entry requirements
Graduate Certificate of Brewing. All applicants must provide a current resume with their application.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Mount Helen (Ballarat)||
||No information available||No||