Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Medical Science designed to give graduates the knowledge base and skills to enter the health and medical science workforce, continue with a research higher degree or to continue with other health related degrees. As students progress through the degree they have more choice to eventually specialise in a range of areas in medical science.
The degree emphasises the fundamental sciences that underpin virtually all fields of medical science. Students can specialise in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Technology, Medical Biotechnology, Microbiology, Nutrition, Pharmacology and toxicology and Physiology and neuroscience.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biomedical Technology, Medical Biotechnology, Microbiology, Nutrition, Pharmacology and toxicology and Physiology and neuroscience.
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent qualifications
- Or mature age entry (STAT)
- Or TAFE/VET qualifications
- Or higher education transfers
- Or results from the completion of a foundation studies program.
Completion of the Bachelor of Medical Science will help to prepare students for the graduate entry medical program, though it does not guarantee entry.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Students also have the option of combining this degree with the following Bachelors degree, providing they meet the entry requirements for both: Engineering (Biomedical) (Honours).