Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is designed to develop skills as a supervisor or leading hand within the horticulture industry. Undertaking this course may develop skills and knowledge in training small groups, recommending plants, supervising staff, landscape projects, irrigation works and machinery maintenance; costing and budgets; implementing and monitoring OHS and environmental practices; designing gardens; planning revegetation; turf and propagation and chemical use.
1 core unit plus 11 electives.
- Core: Maintain WHS processes. Electives: Schedule irrigations
- Determine hydraulic parameters for an irrigation system
- Supervise landscape project works
- Plan and implement a chemical use program
- Develop procedures to minimise risks in the use of chemicals
- Recommend plants and cultural practices
- Manage organic livestock production
- Conduct major repair and overhaul of machinery and equipment
- Plan a growing-on program
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
||No information available||Yes||No information available|
Students wishing to access WorkReady funding will be required to demonstrate satisfactory reading, writing and numeracy skills as part of course counselling before enrolling.