Type of institution: TAFE Institute
This qualification is part of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Package. It provides an occupational outcome and a range of support tasks applicable to a majority of construction work sites. Students who complete this qualification may secure employment as a builder's labourer.
- 15 units: 10 core
- 5 elective
- Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding
- Enter and work in confined spaces
- Carry out basic demolition
- Plan and organise work
- Carry out concreting to simple forms
- Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- Operate personnel and materials hoists
- Licence to operate a forklift truck
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Conduct workplace communication
- Install trench support
- Use construction tools and equipment
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Use explosive power tools
- Drain and dewater civil construction site
- Work safely at heights
- Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Apply basic levelling procedures
- Place and fix reinforcement materials
- Carry out excavation
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Broken Hill College||No|
|Dubbo College, Myall Street Campus||No|
|Glen Innes Campus||No|
|Orange College, March Street Campus||No|
Campuses: Gunnedah Campus.
"**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your studyStudents will be required to wear safety footwear during all practical sessions. Students must bring to each lesson a pen, notepad and calculator. All tools and equipment will be provided by the teaching section.
Campuses: Nowra Campus, Wollongong Campus.
"**ADDITIONAL RESOURCES**You will need to provide for yourself the following resources which you will keep when you complete your study:- Students are required to provide and bring to each session appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include:safety glasses, gloves, safety footwear, suitable clothing such as cotton drill work wear and other equipment (e.g. ear protection or respiratory masks) in line with industry requirements for their workplace or worksite.