Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This double degree program combines the disciplines of electrical and electronic engineering and finance allowing students to study towards two degrees simultaneously. Students study concepts of electrical and electronic engineering with broad coverage of global and institutional aspects of financial systems. Electrical and electronic engineers provide the power society needs; design electronic and computing technologies that enable modern lives; develop communications networks and protocols that connect people; and work to sustain human developments through medical technology and new energy technologies. With designated courses from both disciplines, the program can typically be completed in five years (full-time), compared with seven years if undertaken separately. Combining two areas of study offers graduates not only a more diverse experience at university, but also greater scope of career prospects and a competitive edge in the job market.
Students are required to complete 6 weeks of work experience as part of the engineering academic program.
- Engineering-Medical Technologies
- Engineering-Smart Technologies
- Engineering- Defence systems
- Engineering- Renewable energy
- Engineering- Cybersecurity
- Engineering- Communication systems
- Engineering- Computer engineering: Finance
- International finance
- Quantitative finance
Standard entry requirements
- Prerequisites: SACE Stage 2 Mathematical Methods, Physics plus one of Specialist Mathematics or Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate: either Mathematics (HL grade 3) and Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3)
- Or Chemistry (SL grade 4/HL grade 3), Physics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3) and Mathematics (SL grade 4/HL grade 3). If Stage 2 studies were undertaken prior to 2017, the equivalent subject was known as Mathematical Studies.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic) qualify for professional membership of Engineers Australia. Graduates of the Bachelor of Finance are entitled to recognition from several professional bodies.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|North Terrace||International: $222,500||Yes|
Students graduate with two parchments; one for each degree.