Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Dance specialisation of the Master of Fine Arts invites research proposals that are centred in choreographic and performance practice, with questions focused upon broad ranging aspects of dance-based performance development and its realisation or topics that illuminate or expand upon the medium in some way. The majority of proposals will involve research by means of the candidate's own practice in parallel with a substantial written dissertation.
200 credit points including a research methods and a research seminar subject worth 12.5 points each and a supervised project of research and practice in the area of Dance.
Standard entry requirements
- One of: an honours degree with at least an H2A (75%) weighted average, including a major relevant to the stream to which entry is sought, or equivalent
- A relevant undergraduate degree with at least an H2A (75%) weighted average and two years of documented work experience relevant to the stream to which entry is sought
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline and five years of documented work experience relevant to the stream to which entry is sought
- Five years of documented relevant work experience related to the stream to which entry is sought and demonstrating outstanding artistic ability, together with evidence of ability in academic writing and research or scholarship appropriate for postgraduate study
- Plus performance in one or more of an audition, test, interview, workshop, portfolio or folio presentation.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Southbank||International: $69,405||No information available||No||