Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science, Bachelor of Psychological Science (Counselling and Interpersonal Skills) double degree provides students with expertise in the areas of exercise and sport science, psychology, counselling, and behavioural research methodology. The exercise and sport science component provides students with the knowledge to provide counselling to athletes, rehabilitation services and to enhance the physical and mental wellbeing of the population. The psychological science component provides a balance of courses in psychology theory and counselling and graduates enter the workforce with a strong understanding of psychology, as well as the analytical, communication and interpersonal skills needed to work with individuals, groups and communities.
- 144 units
- 8 Exercise and Sport Science courses from the Human Movement program
- 11 core Human Movement courses
- 13 core Psychological Science courses.
- Sport Science
- Psychological Science
- Interpersonal Skills)
Standard entry requirements
- Qualify for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) with competitive ATAR
- Or complete secondary education equivalent to SACE
- Complete International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Complete or partially complete higher education program
- Complete four Open Universities Australia courses at undergraduate level or above
- Qualify for special entry
- Complete an award from a registered training organisation at Diploma level or above
- Complete a Foundation Studies program
- And meet any pre-requisite and academic requirements. International students who speak English as a foreign language must have obtained the required standards prior to admission.
Students who complete their degree with a credit or higher grade point average (GPA) may be eligible for the one-year Bachelor of Psychology (Honours). Completion of this honours degree can lead to employment as a practicing psychologist (additional requirements must also be met).
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|City East||International: $115,600||
||No||No information available|
|Magill||International: $115,600||No information available||No||No information available|