Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Graduate Certificate in Maritime Studies is designed to meet the early or mid-career education requirements of maritime professionals working in a policy or operational context, or those who intend to pursue a career in a maritime or related field. This course provides a broad understanding of the law of the sea, ocean governance and maritime security.
Maritime professionals working in a policy or operational context
- Compulsory subject: Law of the Sea. Together with two subjects from the following list: Strategy and Sea Power
- Maritime Regulation and Enforcement
- Legal Regulation of Shipping
- Comparative Oceans Policy
- Maritime Security Law and Policy
- Contemporary Maritime Issues in the Asia-Pacific Region
- International Marine Environmental Law
- Selected Topic in Maritime Studies
- Research Project in Maritime Studies
- Minor Thesis in Maritime Studies
- Integrated Marine and Coastal Management
- International Fisheries Law
- Fisheries Management
- Fisheries and Development
- Integrated Monitoring, Control and Surveillance
- International Fish Trade.
- Maritime studies
Standard entry requirements
Recognised Bachelor degree or equivalent, or appropriate professional experience.
Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate allows articulation into the Master of Maritime Policy and the Master of Fisheries Policy.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Innovation Campus||Domestic: $11,808|
|UOW Online||Domestic: $11,808|