Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course provides knowledge and skills in physical education and sport science through discipline specific studies in sport, exercise science and health. Students complete units in areas including games and sports, skill acquisition, motor development, anatomy, kinesiology, exercise physiology, biomechanics, individual fitness activities, aquatics, and nutrition. Graduates from this course can gain careers in physical education and sport science, fitness and health and coaching. The course covers the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) discipline specialist area guidelines in secondary Physical Education and secondary Health, so that graduates who complete a Master of Teaching will be qualified to teach Health and Physical Education. Students can also complete a third discipline, which could include methods such as: English, History, Mathematics, and Biology.
- 288 credit points consisting of: 96 credit points of First Year Core units
- 144 credit points of Professional Core units
- 48 credit points of Minor studies from the approved list.
- Games and sports
- Skill acquisition
- Motor development
- Exercise physiology
- Individual fitness activities
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- A minimum study score of 20 in English units 3 and 4 (any) or equivalent or a study score of 25 in English (ESL)
- Mature age applicants with relevant work, education and/or community experience may be considered on the basis of equivalence
Successful completion of a cognate (similar discipline) Australian Diploma or Advanced Diploma (or equivalent) will be granted advanced standing of a maximum 96 credit points (Diploma) or 144 credit points (Advanced Diploma). OR, Successful completion of a non-cognate (not similar) Australian (or equivalent) Diploma or Advanced Diploma will be granted advanced standing on a case by case basis.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Footscray Park||International: $76,200||
||No||No information available|
VET applicants will be considered and pathways are available from a range of VET courses.