Type of institution: TAFE Institute
The Bachelor of Resort and Hotel Management is designed to provide students with the knowledge to lead and manage in the resort and hotel industry and to find innovative solutions to complex problems. Graduates will be forward thinking and challenge the current status quo. Through deep engagement with theoretical concepts they will have developed ideas and opinions regarding the nature of the industry and the challenges and opportunities affecting ongoing sustainability. Graduates will have the core skills required to operate and assess current operating systems and the knowledge required to leverage technology for increased efficiency and the design of enhanced customer service experiences. Graduates will have the research and scholarly skills required to continue academic progression at masters' level.
3 Years full time, 24 subjects delivered over six 12 week semesters.
- Fundamentals of the resort and hotel industry
- Rooms division operations
- Management fundamentals
- Introduction to marketing
- People and place
- Digital marketing and distribution
- Food and beverage service management
- Managing resort operations
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Emerging trends in the resort and hotel industry
- Revenue management, Financial analysis and human resources
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Online application form
Pathways may exist from Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications with academic credits of up to 1 year (Diploma) or up to 18 months (Advanced Diploma) depending on the relevance of the previous studies to the Degree program.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||Yes||