Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Master of Health Professional Education supports the acquisition of evidence-based practice as a framework, to develop clinicians' knowledge and skills using contemporary learning and teaching strategies. Graduates from this course will have an advanced level of knowledge and skills to educate and lead education of and for health professionals, with the overall intention of improving safe and quality patient care. The course will enable health educators to work across a range of health education settings and the understanding to employ educational strategies relevant to contemporary healthcare workplaces. The course connects theory, practice and research and the structure of the course enables students to undertake studies relevant to their level of professional development and readiness to undertake further studies. It enables students to exit at an earlier level of qualification as well as continue building their knowledge and skills base due to the scaffolding approach of the program. Students can tailor their course by selecting one elective unit focusing on advancing skill and knowledge.Graduates of the Master of Health Professional Education will be able to:describe advanced principles of evidence-based practice in contemporary healthcare education including knowledge translation, critical inquiry and researchimplement a range of advanced evidence-based educational knowledge and skills in critical inquiry, research and evaluation, and leadership that focuses on driving change for the improvement of quality and safety in health caresynthesise and evaluate different sources and forms of information in order to lead practice change through education activities and programs including simulation.
- 120 credit points. Students must have:completed either a Bachelor degree in a health discipline or equivalent
- OR completed either the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Education, Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education, Graduate Diploma in Clinical Education or the Graduate Diploma in Health Professional Education
- AND completed at least one year of clinical or work experience prior to admission. This will require a letter from their employer confirming their employment.
- Clinical education
Standard entry requirements
- To be eligible for admission to the Master of Health Professional Education, an applicant must:have completed either a Bachelor degree in a health discipline or equivalent
- OR have completed either the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Education, Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education, Graduate Diploma in Clinical Education or the Graduate Diploma in Health Professional Education
- AND have completed at least one year of clinical or work experience prior to admission.*Disclaimer: The Course entry requirements above are for 2021 Admission.
Graduates may be eligible to progress to postgraduate programs within ACU.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
Graduates may seek employment or opportunities for career progression in government or private health care and education facilities in education, healthcare simulation education and health education promotion.