Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This program is a specialist degree combining studies in the areas of economics, finance, mathematics and statistics. It is a heavily prescribed program, with two-thirds of the program consisting of courses in statistics, economics, accounting, finance, and mathematics. The remaining one-third of the program consists of professional actuarial courses offered by the School of Finance, Actuarial Studies and Applied Statistics. This program can also be incorporated into a double degree through any of the Flexible Double Degrees.
- At least 144 units
- 96 units to be taken within the College and 48 units of University wide electives. Not more than 60 units to be taken at first year level.
- Actuarial studies
- Accounting and finance
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12
- ACT: Specialist Mathematics (major/minor) (160+) Recommended Studies: Specialist Mathematics (double major)
- NSW: HSC Mathematics Extension 1 (Band E3)
- QLD: Mathematics B and Mathematics C, with a grade of 'H' in each
- SA/NT: Mathematics 1 (Double) and Mathematics 2 with a score of at least 15/20 in both subjects
- TAS: Mathematics Stage 2 and Mathematics Stage 3 with a score of at least 15/20 in both subjects
- VIC: Mathematical Methods 3&4 and Specialist Mathematics 3/4 with at least 36/50 in each subject
- WA: Applicable Mathematics and Calculus with a score of at least 72/100
- IB: Mathematics (HL) with at least 6
Honours year available.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|