Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course will increase employment options within the community services industry. It will also provide pathways to further studies in community services, aged care, disability work, mental health, drug education, nursing, youth work and more.
5 core units plus 7 electives.
- Core: Respond to client needs
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work with diverse people
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Manage personal stressors in the work environment. Electives: Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- Work in an alcohol and drugs context
- Work with clients who are intoxicated
- Provide needle and syringe services
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
Satisfactory demonstration of reading, writing and numeracy skills by undertaking the Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA)
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|CQUniversity Melbourne||No information available||Yes||No information available|