Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This qualification is part of the Health Training Package. It provides the skills required for competence in remedial massage practice and practitioners at this level may be self-employed as independent practitioners or may work within a larger health service. It covers the provision of remedial massage treatment to clients with specific needs such as injury management, rehabilitation, palliative care, aged care, women and children. Practitioners at this level may supervise other massage therapists.
- 21 units: 16 core
- 5 elective
- Core: Establish and manage client relationships
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- Provide first aid
- Assess client massage needs
- Provide remedial massage treatments
- Manage WHS
- plus more. Electives: Undertake small business planning
- Address the needs of people with chronic disease
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- Source and prepare aromatherapy products
- plus more.
Standard entry requirements
No minimum education
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|CQUniversity Melbourne||No information available||Yes||No information available|
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 200 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.