Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Deakin’s Master of Information Technology provides a combination of leading-edge theory and technical knowledge with hands-on practical experience. It will prepare you for a successful career as an IT professional in Australia and around the world.Delivered in a supportive learning environment, this course will transform you into a competent IT professional with the capacity to develop and implement IT solutions to complex industry-related problems.As a graduate, you will possess a solid understanding of the issues, concepts and practices in IT and a broad knowledge of the technological aspects of IT. You will also develop a range of transferrable skills that will enable you to be an effective and efficient IT professional.
Graduates of undergraduate programs in computing or non-computing disciplines
16 credit points of study. To complete the Master of Information Technology, you will attain 8, 12, or 16 credit points of study, depending on your prior experience.
- Cyber security
- Data science
- Emerging Technologies for Supply Chain
- Internet of Things
- Networking and cloud technologies
- Software and services development
- Virtual reality
Standard entry requirements
- 2 years full time (4 years part time) – 16 credit points: Admission based on: Bachelor degree or higher in any discipline, OR
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent1.5 years full time (3 years part time) – 12 credit points:Admission based on: Bachelor degree or higher in a related discipline, OR
- Bachelor degree or higher in any discipline AND two years relevant work experience, OR
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.1 year full time (2 years part time) – 8 credit points:Admission based on: Graduate Diploma of Information Technology, OR
- Bachelor Honours degree or higher in a related discipline, OR
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline AND two years relevant work experience, OR
- Evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent.
Australian Computer Society (ACS)
Further study: S779 Master of Information Technology (Professional) Alternative exits: Graduate Certificate of Information Technology; Graduate Diploma of Information Technology
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|