Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This degree aims to provide students with an understanding of the significance of sport and physical activity within the context of a healthy lifestyle, and to establish the foundations for students to become effective professionals in, and advocates for, outdoor education, sport and physical activity. It also aims to equip students with a wider knowledge base by combining the study of outdoor education, sport and physical activity with other areas including health and nutrition, tourism, business and disability. The degree will prepare graduates for a career in the outdoor education and development, recreation management, sport development, leisure, health, sport and event management industries.
- This course aims to: provide students with an understanding of sport and physical activity policy frameworks and legal requirements
- establish the foundations for students to become effective professionals in, and advocates for, sport and physical activity
- equip students with a wider knowledge base by combining the study of sport and physical activity with other areas including health and nutrition, tourism and business.
- Sport, Health and Physical Activity- Outdoor Education
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent qualifications
- Or mature age entry (STAT)
- Or TAFE/VET qualifications
- Or higher education transfers
- Or completion of a foundation studies program
You will have the opportunity to obtain the following; bushwalking basic skills certificate; bushwalking assistant leadership certificate; bushwalking leadership certificate (dependant on additional external experiences); rock climbing assistant guide certificate; rock climbing top rope guide certificate (dependant on additional external experiences); other activity specific basic skills certificates (dependant on options chosen and additional personal experiences).
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Bedford Park||No information available||Yes||No information available|