Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This course lets students dive into a melting pot of amazing possibilities and absorb the aspects of creativity that are right for them. It sets students up with skills and experiences to create their own opportunities and career outcomes in the creative sector and beyond. Students choose a combination of study areas to suit their individual creative interests and career aspirations. They will have access to world-class studio-based learning, develop entrepreneurial and digital skills, take on real industry challenges through work integrated learning opportunities and establish links to creative start-ups. This course prepares students for a creative career as an entrepreneur, consultant, project manager or creative practitioner.
- 288 credit points
- 5 core units including a series of Creative Enterprise studio units
- 2 specified introductory electives
- a major (8 units)
- plus a second major (8 units), 2 minors (4 units each), or 1 minor (4 units) and 4 electives
- Online study is being phased in with the third year to be introduced from 2022. Periods of on-campus attendance (for examinations, orientation, practicums etc) may be required for some units.
- Creative and professional writing
- Drama and performance
- Fashion communication
- Interactive and visual design
- Media and communication
- Music and sound
- Screen content production
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12, or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: English, or Literature, or English and Literature, or English as an Additional Language (Units 3 & 4, C).
Pathways to Master of Teaching (Secondary) and Master of Philosophy are available. Students may be able to claim advanced standing for part of their course, on the basis of completed or partially completed studies, and other assessable learning outcomes.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
QUT offers a range of scholarships that provide real support for students. Our offer guarantee can give you peace of mind about your study choices. If you receive an ATAR or selection rank equal to or higher than the offer guarantee, you are guaranteed a place in the course regardless of the threshold. This means that when you know your ATAR or selection rank you can check your eligibility for a QUT course before receiving an offer. You still need to lodge a QTAC application by the closing date. A small number of courses do not participate in the offer guarantee scheme.