Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The aim of the program is to produce professional Manufacturing Engineers and Managers equipped with the know-how to facilitate current practices in manufacturing management and advanced technology. The key features are: the curriculum is first-class and up-to-date in content and delivery; the programs attract students from both service (manufacturing-related) and manufacturing organisations; and the two stage structure allows flexibility entry into and exit from the programs. Master of Engineering outcomes include: expert in manufacturing management principles and practices; and expert in leading edge technology issues in manufacturing.
- The Master consists of 144 credit points and incorporates the Graduate Diploma of 96 credit points. Courses include: Building quality organisations
- Computer integrated manufacturing
- Design for manufacture
- Industrial systems and environment
- Lean manufacturing
- Manufacturing information and distributed systems
- Manufacturing strategy and planning
- and Research investigation and analysis.
Standard entry requirements
- An Australian bachelor degree in manufacturing, industrial, mechanical, aerospace, automotive, shipbuilding, or automation and control engineering, or equivalent
- Graduates from other relevant engineering and science disciplines with a GPA of at least 2.0 out of 4.0 will also be considered
- Applicants applying on the basis of work experience will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
- Applicants are expected to have work experience in manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, or other relevant industries
The program is aimed at members of the manufacturing industry at supervisory or middle management level. Graduates from the program will have developed the potential to take up a leading role in managerial and technology development in their organisations and hence are envisaged to advance in their career path to the level of technical director or consultant or operations director in future.
Students may be eligible for advanced standing based on industry experience or academic results in their previous studies.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|No information available||No||