Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Chinese Medicine is a system of primary health care that works holistically to maintain or restore balance, harmony and order in our bodies. Chinese Medicine philosophy is based on the yin/yang principle of balancing and harmonising conditions within the body. This degree covers all the key areas of Chinese Medicine including acupuncture and Chinese herbs. Students discover the balancing act of Yin and Yang and how the disharmony of energy (Qi or Chi) can result in disease and poor health. Major study areas include: Acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, ancillary techniques, cupping, Chinese massage (Tui Na), dietary, exercise and lifestyle advice. Students will also learn about the triggers to poor health such as environment, pathogens, dietary irregularities and stress related emotional problems and see how these influences may lead to ill health.
- 3 trimesters of 12 weeks (plus exams). Full-time load is 4 subjects per trimester. Subjects include: Anatomy and Physiology
- CM Foundations
- CM History and Philosophy
- Biomedical Study Skills
- CM Diagnosis
- CM Dietary Therapy and Health Maintenance
- Medical Qi Gong
- CM Formulas
- Acupuncture and Clinic Practicum.
- Chinese herbal medicine
- Biological sciences
- Chinese medicine
- Research methods
- Social sciences
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- 1 science related subject is recommended: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Physical Education, Human Development or Psychology
- Mature age entrants (21 years of age and over) with a minimum of Year 10 schooling plus demonstrated life/work experience in a selection interview
AHPRA (The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency); AACMA (Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association); FCMA (Federation of Chinese Medicine Associations); ANTA (Australian Natural Therapists Association)
Students who have completed appropriate prior tertiary study will be considered for credit exemptions.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Fitzroy||International: $63,654||No information available||Yes||