Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
Many countries have alarming rates of obesity, diabetes, cancer and heart disease. New healthy, enticing and tasty products are needed to help with these emerging health threats and graduates of this program are in the best position to make a difference.The Bachelor of Food Science and Human Nutrition is offered at the Ourimbah campus. The degree provides a strong background in the principles underlying the sciences of food technology and human nutrition. This includes the basic sciences, the chemistry and biology of nutrients and the attributes of food, including food commodities and functional foods.
- Students are required to complete a total of, but no more than, 240 units, comprised of the following: 170 units of Core courses 20 units of ‘Health and Wellbeing’ directed courses
- 10 units of 'Areas of interest' directed
- 40 units of Elective
- Biomedical Science
- Food Analysis
- Food and Nutrition
- Food Product Development
- Functional Foods and Health Claims
- Nutrition in Health and Disease
- Plant and Animal Food Products
Standard entry requirements
Year 12 HSC or ATAR equivalent
|Mid year intake
Fees are indicative and subject to variation. Overall program fee may vary based on course selection.