Financial dealers' assistants assist stockbrokers and stockbroking firms in activities such as buying and selling shares, handling share certificates, processing financial market transactions and investment advising.
Personal requirements for a Financial Dealer's Assistant
- Able to make calculations quickly and accurately
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to think analytically and solve problems.
Duties & Tasks of a Financial Dealer's Assistant
Financial dealers' assistants may perform the following tasks:
- Record sales documentation received from clients and other financial institutions
- Check the validity of documents and facilitate settlement of financial product transactions
- Issue contract notes and confirmations
- Process sales and payments
- Contact share registries and process dividends
- Record data and undertake electronic transfer of securities
- Reconcile differences in data from transactions
- Manage funding throughout the day.
Working conditions for a Financial Dealer's Assistant
Financial dealers' assistants may be employed in any of the following areas: corporate actions, confirmations, settlements, reconciliations and collateral management. In a large firm, an assistant may work in only one of these fields, whereas in a smaller firm their work may include tasks in several of these areas.