Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
The Commerce component provides practical skills and a broad understanding of the international business environment and is designed to help students fast-track their careers in either accounting, economics, or finance. Theoretical studies are complemented with real-world applications and examples, providing students with knowledge that is required for the management and control of all aspects of commercial and government organisations. The innovation and entrepreneurship component provides the skills required to develop entrepreneurial idea into successful new ventures, or work within existing business in a creative and innovative way
- 32 courses: 17 core courses comprising of 10 core first-year courses
- 4 core second-year courses
- 3 core third-year courses (including one course that is a 20 unit course)
- a major sequence of 6 courses, 8 electives. Electives available from any non-restricted discipline area offered by the University.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
Standard entry requirements
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge: Mathematics
Depending on majors: the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); the Association of International Accountants (AIA); the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC); Certified Practising Accountants Australia (CPA and CA Australia)
Credit may be available to students have studied a VET course or who have studied through another Higher Education Institution. Honours is available as an additional year to students who achieve a credit grade point average in their degree.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
|Newcastle City Precinct||International: $110,920||
||Yes||No information available|