Type of institution: University/Higher Education Institution
This dual degree program combines a professional Law degree with the Bachelor of Science and Business program, giving students the skills required to deal with complex legal issues stemming from new industries and contemporary science disciplines. The program has been developed to provide a new generation of scientists with an awareness of contemporary business practices for today's increasingly competitive modern workplace. You will combine a coherent stream of studies in a specialised scientific field with a range of foundation business courses that will provide exposure to several aspects of business practices, giving you a broad background in business management.
- Total of 288 UOC required, this includes: Law compulsory courses - 96 UOC
- Law Prescribed Elective - 6 UOC
- Law elective courses - 42 UOC
- Science and Business science Component - 96 UOC
- Science and Business Component - 48 UOC.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biological Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Marine Science
- Materials Science
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Vision Science
Standard entry requirements
- Domestic: Year 12 or equivalent + LAT
- International: Year 12 or equivalent
- Assumed knowledge for Science and Business component: Mathematics and Chemistry plus one or more of Biology, Earth and Environmental Science, Physics or HSC Mathematics Extension 1 (depending on chosen area of study)
- No assumed knowledge for Law component
Accredited by the Legal Profession Admission Board (NSW).
Applications for credit transfer from other Australian universities will be considered after offers have been made.
|Campus||Fees||Entry||Mid year intake||Attendance|
The above are estimated tuition fees for students commencing in 2017.
Your Law dual degree will open up a wide range of career opportunities in myriad fields. The skills you will gain at UNSW Law are highly transferrable. Employers seek out our graduates for their critical thinking and analytical skills. When it comes to your career, there will be any number of options available to you. This is the perfect dual degree for the lawyers and entrepreneurs of the future - people who love science and understand the worlds of law and business. This degree prepares graduates for employment in a wide range of legal and business careers, while opportunities also exist to become a patent attorney, contribute to policy formulation at the national level or become an in-house counsel.